Auckland Veterinary Centre is equipped with full hospital and surgical facilities for your horse. For our clients we provide a 24-hour emergency service (after hours phone 027 299 8932).
Our veterinarians provide a full range of equine services including:
- Routine - health checks, dental care, vaccinations, sedation, blood tests
- Lameness - nerve/joint blocks, ultrasonography, digital radiography.
- Vettings - prepurchase examinations and insurance.
- Medicine - colic, respiratory problems, poor performance work-ups.
- Emergencies - colic, injuries, foalings.
- Surgery - we have dedicated surgical facilities and recovery room. We routinely perform castrations, wound repairs, colic, joint lavages and soft tissue surgeries. Referral cases are seen by specialist orthopaedic surgeons.
- Reproduction - artificial insemination with fresh, chilled and frozen semen, semen collection, assisting embryo transfer, mare infertility investigations, foaling, caesarean section, neonatal care.
The practice is well equipped and includes portable 2 x Canon/Eklin DR Digital X-rays, MyLab 30 Gold ultrasound scanner, Aloka 500 repro scanners, in-house biochemistry/haematology/fibrinogen, several fiberoptic endoscopes, cardiac ECG and a full large animal surgery.